The National League Trust
The Maidenhead United FC Community Trust has been awarded a grant of £25,000 by the National League Trust in support of their Magpies Moving Forward programme.
The funding is being used to support the delivery of a range of community events and activities, which will run between December 2019 and November 2020 including:
- The continuation of several successful and established activities free matchday experiences for local children, our recently established satellite walking football session in Windsor and the sport/wellbeing activity taster programmes for adults and older people.
- The establishment of a new young people’s forum within the club designed to transform our engagement with children and young people and transform the opportunities we can offer them through schemes such as Duke of Edinburgh, National Citizens Service and apprenticeships schemes.
- Supporting the establishment and running of the GoodGym in Maidenhead, which will create a community of runners who will combine getting fit with doing good by providing support for local community groups and people in need.
- Working in partnership with Legacy Leisure to establish a back to netball programme and run adult Maidenhead United Netball Team which will enter the Maidenhead and District Netball League in Sept 2020.
- The establishment of a coach development programme for volunteer coaches supporting local grassroots football clubs.
- Regular walking football session for disabled adults delivered in partnership with Boyne Grove Day Centre.
- A regular exercise session for older people.
- A lunchtime pilates session for the benefitting people living and working in Maidenhead Town Centre.
- Working with the Maidenhead and Ascot Schools Sport Partnership to develop a school’s dance show, which will be themed around the club’s 150th anniversary celebrations.